Working Interviews also provide individuals an opportunity to explore an employment opportunity without the formal interview process. This is especially valuable when interviewing may be a barrier to employment opportunities. Employers have the chance to get to know the potential employee and observe their skills and contribution to the work place. Working Interviews typically occur for one to two weeks; employers then make a hiring decision after getting to know the individual searching for a job.
Benefits to the individual include:
- An opportunity to work and demonstrate their skills in the employer’s business
- An opportunity to meet and interact with the employer and co-workers within the work environment rather than through a formal interview and hiring process
- Payment for work done during the evaluation period
- Assistance in learning job skills and tasks from an on-site job coach
- Follow-up services are provided as needed if an individual is hired